Hello everyone who read this!
My question is concerning something I consider as a bug in idtech3, though I’m not 100% sure if it is a bug at all!
THE (possible) BUG:
In some specific situations the VOTE string (most notably with Team Arena mod) don’t vanish. The text/string will stay on screen until a new map restart. This happens if more than one vote is called. For example you vote for a new map, and realize you voted for the wrong map and will vote again for the correct map you was looking for.
It seems as if the vote commands are added in a vote queue, but I never saw that the vote system is working like this, maybe I missed something here…
HOW TO REPRODUCE:
- Start Team Arena mod (either via Spearmint or ioquake3).
- Start any map e.g.: q3dm1.
- Now open the VOTE menu and vote for a new/different map (e.g.: q3dm2).
- The menu will close, immediatly before the new map will restart bring down the VOTE menu again and vote for another different map (e.g.: q3dm3).
- Now the first map voted for will start and the Vote string: Vote: Yes: 0, No: 0. Press F1 to vote for Yes or F2 to vote for No (or press ESC then click Vote). will appear on screen.
- No matter what you do, the vote string will not disappear, as long as a new map restart will happen.
Now my QUESTIONS are:
A: Is this a common idtech3 bug, or is this behaviour intentionally?
B: Personally I find this behaviour annoying, does someone know how to fix this, even if it isn’t a bug at all?
All suggestions and every information is welcome!